Tegel Foods Ltd is an iconic New Zealand brand with a long history of producing a wide variety of high quality products delivered throughout New Zealand. We are proud to be helping families eat well very day. Tegel New Plymouth is one of Taranaki's largest employers.
We are looking for an experienced Fabrication Engineer who will design, implement and improve equipment, manufacturing systems and processes while meeting all health and safety and legislative requirements. You will also provide support to the experienced engineering team by applying your fabrication skills, providing conceptual drawings, attaining quotes and procuring materials.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in this work or a similar role
- Relevant Trade Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Fabrication Engineering Level 4
- Stainless steel, aluminium and carbon steel welding experience
- Expert knowledge of fabrication tools and equipment
- Ability to read, design and interpret technical engineering drawings
- Ability to draw conceptual designs
- Experience in computerised maintenance management systems
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
We look forward to hearing about:
- Examples of repairing plant in a cost effective way
- Appropriate repairs for a FMCG production environment
- Improvements made to plant and operations including design, procurement and commissioning of fabric projects
- How you manage multiple priorities and deliver in a timely manner
This role works a 9 hour day, Wednesday to Sunday (somewhat negotiable).
In return, we will provide you competitive remuneration and the opportunity to join a fast paced and successful business.